Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yes, Another Blog...

With the start of this New Year, I am going to be taking a more serious run at accomplishing something with my cooking. Gina (DB) and I have seen a very definite improvement in my culinary abilities over the last 6-8 months. I entered the Food Network's Ultimate Recipe Showdown (season II) last summer and I made it as far as the semi-finals (untelevised), but didn't make the final cut. Then I started the new job, we moved, etc., and time slipped by. This blog is to help me keep track of what I'm doing in the kitchen, the contests I'm going to be entering (as many as possible), stuff of a culinary nature that catch my interest, etc. It also seems logical that if I state in a public forum that I'm going to enter this or that contest, its extra incentive to stay on top of things. It is my intention to get a cookbook or two published over the next five years and, ideally, land myself a cooking show somewhere. There are a variety of spice mixes, sauces, curry pastes, chutneys, and the like, that I make which I have been told are quite marketable. I have some ideas for restaurants that I have been developing over time. My determination has been renewed. This seems like a good way to help track the whole thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment