Friday, January 16, 2009

The Last Couple of Days...

Yesterday I made version 1.0 of my sweet entry for the Pillsbury Bake-Off. The second cookie sheet ended up as v.1.1, as Gina and I felt that the entry needed to be shaped differently. I am not, generally, a baker of sweets. That is Gina's realm. So...I am learning at the same time that I am working on this contest. We didn't really know how long it would take things to bake, since we are making the recipe as we go. The second cookie sheet, things went better in that department, too. We were very pleased with the flavor of the finished product. Appearance still needs some work (and practice). Preliminary reviews from coworkers have been favorable.

I made a big pot full of our homemade (never) refried beans.

And I came across a write-up in the Portland paper of a kitchen that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment