Friday, January 2, 2009

An All-Too-Brief Field Trip...

Somehow, I had gotten through life to this point without stepping foot in a Whole Foods Market. My online search for a Scharffen Berger source between work and home showed one just a few blocks off my route home, and a call verified they carried what I needed, so I stopped by there tonight and picked up some semisweet and bittersweet chocolate, and unsweetened cocoa. I could have wondered through there for a looooong time. A foodie haven. *happy sigh* I didn't want to leave.

We'll be eating some of my wife's wonderful navy bean soup and cornbread here in a few minutes, and then afterwards, we are going to taste the two chocolates and brew some cocoa. We need to see what I'm working with. And I have to work on the two recipes I am submitting - a savory entry, and a beverage. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment