Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Busy Day in the Kitchen...

I am tired, but it has been a productive day. In the morning, I put the chicken (for the Taste of Home contest) on to marinate. After that, I made an early lunch with the zucchini we had in the fridge that needed to be used. Gina loved it and let me know it was a definite make-again. That'll be my entry in the Better Homes & Gardens contest. After lunch, I made a little over a gallon of Gina's kecap manis, the Indonesian sweet soy sauce. That should keep her supplied for at least a little while...*laughing* I discovered I still had materials left over to do something, so I made a decent-sized batch of kroeung, the herbal paste of Cambodia...a delightful mix of shallots, garlic, fresh galangal and turmeric, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves. I'll bring some of that to work tomorrow for Silver Dragon. After that...yes, still working in the kitchen...I cooked the chicken, which turned out pretty good. And I am about to put a trial batch of our first Pillsbury Bake-Off entry in the oven (yeah, I'm running a little behind, but there's been a lot to do). This one is a savory entry, and I have high hopes for it, since its a modification of something I've made before. We were going to make a batch of a sweet entry we're working on, but we ran out of time. Same with Gina's Spiced Amish Lemonade. She's going to make that tomorrow. I'm glad I'm only working tomorrow and Tuesday before more time off...

No comments:

Post a Comment