Sunday, January 25, 2009

Catching the Kitchen Garden Bug...

I got a $50 gift certificate to Fungi Perfecti (http://www.fungi.com/) for Xmas, and I've been getting the annual barrage of gardening catalogs. Then, when I was at Walmart yesterday, they had a reasonable deal on seed potatoes. I am feeling the urge to plan a kitchen garden. I want to find a source for a few oak logs and use the mushroom plugs from Fungi Perfecti - I'm thinking of getting a hundred plugs each of Shiitake, Reishi, Maitake and Turkey 'shrooms. Good for cooking and great for health. I grabbed a bag each of Yukon Gold and Kennebec seed potatoes. There's an amazing difference between store-bought and fresh-from-your-garden spuds! And I've got a pile of seeds I've gathered over the years (some probably aren't any good now, but a lot of 'em are gonna' sprout). The yard gets a lot of sun, and we have quite a few spots where I could plant stuff. I might get some junk tires to put along the fence for the potatoes. I could just put up a board at the end of the row of tires to block the unsightly view...*rolling my eyes*. Yup, I've got the bug...

Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment