Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Day for Baked Goods...

Gina supervised Matt today on some things that needed doing, while I grabbed her recipe for zucchini bread and made a couple of loaves with zucchini that needed using. I love her zucchini bread.

Dinner was potatoes au gratin with kielbasa and sweet peppers. Its something we've made for years, but we realized we probably haven't had it in about six months. We've missed it.

And I'm waiting for a cake to cool, so we can taste it before bed- basbousa -a semolina and almond cake common across the Muslim Mediterranean. They usually flavor it with orange, but I prefer lemon. Nor did I soak it in quite as much syrup as they would...

...and we just tried it. It is very good, though not as good as my wife's lemon cake (which is the best lemon cake in the known Universe). It may possibly be the richest cake I have ever tasted that isn't coated in a bunch of frosting.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the bread- The cake was delicious- and VERY rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like my lemon to kick you in the teeth. THAT'S lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...the lemon wasn't as strong as I prefer...but it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete