Sunday, March 8, 2009

Taking Advantage of Sales...

Saturday I made a breakfast of scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, and some biscuits. For dinner, I cooked up a huge bottom round roast($1.89/lb) with beer, garlic, chipotle chilies, Mexican oregano, cumin, etc, then shredded it. We have a ton of it leftover for the coming week.

Today I cooked up what I'm calling a Peach Tea & Beer BBQ Sauce that is a little spicy, and pretty tangy, and I've got a pork shoulder($1.09/lb.) in the oven. I coated it with plenty of dry rub. It wasn't the kind of day for barbecuing outside - we've had snow, rain and periods of blue sky today. I'm hoping I'll get some decently chewy, crispy ends because Gina wants me to make some bbq beans with the barbecue sauce. I'm going to shred the pork whenever it finishes cooking. More food to get us through the week. I made macaroni & cheese this evening. I tried a new recipe I made up. I have been accused in the past of making the Mac & Cheese of Doom. The three of us all agreed that I have surpassed my previous version. Its amazing what a 2 1/2-year old Cheddar($5/lb) does for your macaroni...lol! I'd share the recipe, but it is now destined for an entry in the Ultimate Recipe Showdown.

I am sooo full...

1 comment: