Monday, March 16, 2009

Potluck Sunday...

We often do potlucks at work on Sundays. This week, someone decided on hamburgers. I was tired when they asked me what I could contribute. I had no desire to stop at the store, so I said I'd make oven steak fries. We do them every so often at home. They're a lot less mess than deep-frying french fries. I just cut the potatoes into eight wedges each and tossed them in extra-virgin olive oil, and plenty of garlic, dried rosemary and freshly ground black pepper. Turns out we didn't have any salt in the breakroom, so I used some Zatarain's Cajun Seasoning. I bake them on cookie sheets at 425-450 degrees until they brown. I had a few requests for how to make them. I tried to eat light at the potluck (and throughout the day...it was slow, so the temptation to snack is a tough one) since I'm trying to get in shape.

For dinner, we had my Swedish meatballs, with mashed potatoes and green beans. Our daughter had never had them before, and ended up eating quite a few of 'em. Another convert...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment