Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sunny Weather...

With the Ultimate Recipe Showdown 3 deadline bumping back to the end of April, and Pillsbury not due 'til about then, we've kinda' eased up on so much rich cooking. I did make something pretty good a couple of nights ago that we're probably going to submit, along with some Pulled Pork and some Peach Tea & Beer BBQ Sauce before that, and some shredded beef (yummm...we enjoyed some machaca burritos for a bit...I LOVE machaca).

The recent sunny weather (which ended yesterday...grrr!) has created a renewed interest for me in SE Asian food. I've been browsing cookbooks, looking at stuff. Especially vegetarian and nearly vegetarian recipes. I've still got contest cooking to do. Light SE Asian dishes of green and vegetables have a great deal of appeal for the times in between. Plus, my interest in losing weight/getting in shape. Gonna' have to make a pilgrimage to an Asian market or two soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment