Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yum...

I made teriyaki chicken bowls tonight for dinner. I made a simple (and more authentic) sauce from mirin and sake (had to substitute Chinese shaoxing wine for the sake), soy sauce and sugar, thickened with a bit of cornstarch, while I coated a couple of big chicken breasts with a basic rub of black pepper(lots!), salt, paprika, onion and garlic powders, and just a bit of smoked paprika and cooked them in the rotisserie. I ate mine with a bunch of pickled ginger, for some zing. Gina loved it...thought it was the best she'd had. It was mighty tasty, though I'm fonder of the spicy chicken available at some of the teriyaki places in the PNW. I chopped up the chicken after it rested for a few minutes, put it on top of some sticky short-grained rice, and poured some sauce over the top...

No comments:

Post a Comment